To provide participants with the theoretical, practical and technical knowledge required to work safely and effectively on an offshore drilling rig.
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to demonstrate competence in the technical an practical of the following:
- Drilling Rig Operations
- Rigging and Slinging - Introduction
- Occupational Health & Safety Practices Safe Operations on Deck
- Safety Inductions
- Safe Operations with Cranes
- Hazard Awareness & Management
- Time Out Program
- Familiarization with Permission to Work
- Systems - client specific
- Manual Handling Skills
- Safe Use of Forklift
- Safe Handling of Drill Pipe Tubulars / Air Tugger
- Correct Use of P.P.E
- Care, Use & Maintenance of Power Tools
- Introduction to Confined Space Entry & Use of SCBA
- Housekeeping & Environmental Awareness
Participants are required to pass an assessment of practical skills and a written examination of theoretical knowledge.
To bem medically fit to internationally accepted standards
This course is conducted in five (5) days.
The currency of this certificate will be 3 years in line with Offshore International Industries recommendations. This Training follows international standards of quality.